[ga] To what extent is .name operated by VeriSign?

Dear all,

to what extent is .name operated by VeriSign? This (at
least to me) surprising question is asked in the Gartner
.org evaluation report on page 38. Could anyone from
GNR or VeriSign GRS comment on this?

Best regards,
/// Alexander

(http://www.icann.org/tlds/org/gartner-evaluation-report-19aug02.pdf)