Re: [ga] something for the WHOIS committee?

Danny and all assembly members,

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Rick,
>
> As Jeff Williams has so thoughtfully pointed out,  I am not an engineer, but
> I do have a question which either of you might answer...
>
> I have seen returns to WHOIS queries that contain hyperlinks, an example
> being:
> NS1.NAMESERVE.NET   64.226.28.41 (the digits being hyperlinked)
>
> If in fact we have the ability over port 43 whois to introduce hyperlinks,
> then why not merely have an entry that states E-MAIL ADDRESS which is
> hyperlinked to another database that contains the email entry in a picture
> format, readable by humans but not easily read by current automated data
> mining techniques?

  There are a number of reasons this might not be well received or
desired of a technical nature.  One is the basic overhead network wise
in doing this.

> PS  Thanks for helping a layman understand the complexities of the issue.

  No problem and your welcome Danny!  >:)

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801