Re: [ga] something for the WHOIS committee?

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, at 23:01 [=GMT-0400], DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> I found the following entry to be rather amusing -- the "registrant" is a
> website,

I would say, it is a domain name. Not that uncommon, compare, e.g.:

Registrant:
Amazon.com, Inc (AMAZON-DOM)
   Legal Dept, P.O. Box 81226
   Seattle, WA 98108-1226
   US

   Domain Name: AMAZON.COM

> and the email address is unabashedly falsified.

Have you tried it? I would advise against that, for I guess your email
address might then be added automagically to a spamfilter list.

> The "registrant"
> however does seem to offer wild card and multiple keyword searching...
>
> Registrant:
>  WhoisReport.com
>  2225 109th AVE NE
>  Bellevue, WA 98004
>  US
>
>  Domain Name: DOMAINWORLDWIDE.COM
>
>  Administrative Contact:
>     Hostmaster, Domain  no.valid.email@whoisreport.com
>     Please visit the website if you need to contact us or call.
>     We do not post email in the whois because of spam.
>     NA, WA 00000
>     US
>     206-337-0652

[...]