Re: [ga] ICANN reimburse $75,000 to GAC for GAC Secretariat

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:13:42 +1200, you wrote:

>Not only that but I found out the other day that InternetNZ (.nz ccTLD
>manager) is funding the NZ GAC rep to the next ICANN meeting.

In many cases national GAC reps come from national registries - as national
registries often belong to the public academic/research world and are the
most obvious source of knowledge in the sector for the national government.
So in these cases it is quite hard to tell whether that person is attending
due to his connection with the government or to his connection with the
registry - and I guess that in many cases the LIC doesn't really mind or
even understand the distinction (which of course isn't necessarily a good
thing).
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
--------> http://bertola.eu.org/ - Archivio FAQ e molto altro... <--------