Re: [ga] FTC Probing Verisign

"questions whose answers can't be spun easily." I have yet to see one
of those critters. :-)  Actually, I've seen some good ones, but they
were spun, anyway.

Their culture needs to change from "jam it down their throats for our
own good" or "it's our way or the highway."  If they get with the
program of "good faith and fair dealing," like most others in the
delivery channel, there could be some hope for them.  Although, it
could be too late, as well.  Rivers run deep and a tiger doesn't
change its stripes.

Currently, they are paying the piper through the various legal
actions: competitors, competitors' TROs, class action, stockholders,
the FTC and worst of all, the press.

Their stock is down to what < $6 a share, with a 52 week high in
excess of $55?  I'd call that significant, but I'm not a math major.

What we are seeing is desperation at the ultimate. How many of
VeriSign's executives and long-time employees have a substantial nest
egg bet upon the value of VeriSign's stock?  You can bet, without
reading their 10K, that the upper echelon of executive management gets
a large payday with stock options.  Right now, they have been
scorched by the street.

So, taking it all in, we can understand the motives. However, it's the
integrity part from the "value of trust" people which is most
troublesome. My value of trust doesn't fit their mold and never will
unless, and until, they earn it through their actions.  I'm not going
to hold my breath, but I'll give them the benefit if they show and
prove it.

Thanks,

Wednesday, August 7, 2002, 9:56:04 PM, George Kirikos <gkirikos@yahoo.com> wrote:
GK> Hello,

GK> --- Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>>   If Verisign or the folks at Verisign you named below know of knew
>> about any investigation of Verisign is underway they would be foolish
>> and in some potential further legal exposure if they had answered
>> your
>> question in that regard George.

GK> I don't think so. The only question was whether or not they were under
GK> investigation, not any of the details of it.

GK> If you re-read the story in Reuters,

>> > http://biz.yahoo.com/ri/020806/tech_verisign_3.html

GK> the company did confirm it to the reporter, before it was public
GK> knowledge from the FTC itself.

GK> If you haven't noticed yet, Verisign rarely answers any questions, and
GK> the ones they do tend to be spin. One has to be careful to ask them
GK> questions whose answers can't be spun easily.

GK> Sincerely,

GK> George Kirikos
GK> http://www.kirikos.com/

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@inetconcepts.net         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----