Re: [ga] FTC Probing Verisign

George and all assembly members,

  If Verisign or the folks at Verisign you named below know of knew
about any investigation of Verisign is underway they would be foolish
and in some potential further legal exposure if they had answered your
question in that regard George.

  In any event Versign/NSI has been investigated before, so I am
sure this FCC investigation is pretty old hat to them by now...

  And the inference of deleting Domains does not equal
WLS as WLS is yet to be implemented other than for testing...

George Kirikos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Hot off the presses:
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/ri/020806/tech_verisign_3.html
>
> "The FTC is seeking information about the company's practices with
> regard to transferring Web addresses, deleting domain names and sending
> direct mail solicitations to customers of competitors in the marketing
> campaign that ended in May, the source said, and the company later
> confirmed."
>
> "Deleting domain names" = WLS :)
>
> I had asked a couple of months ago, openly, whether they were under
> investigation. See:
>
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc10/msg01326.html
>
> (near the very bottom)
>
> Of course, Chuck and Roger from Verisign ignored that question...time
> has a way of proving people right, though. :)
>
> If anyone has evidence to submit to the FTC, NEWCASE.ATR@usdoj.gov
> would be the appropriate email to use.
>
> Life at Verisign would be a lot simpler if they'd simply drop the WLS
> proposal....
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.kirikos.com/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827