Re: [ga] Redemption Grace Periods for Deleted Names

At 11:34 PM 01/08/02 +0200, Marc Schneiders wrote:

>Assuming that they are good businessmen and therefore
>trying to keep their customers, it is very unlikely that
>registrars make it hard for people to renew their domains.

That is assuming that the renewal fee is the same if it is
the original registrant or someone else. If the renewal fee
is higher for a new registrant (as is likely to happen with
WLS), then there is a built in incentive to be less than
helpful to the original registrant. It is normally a Very
Good Thing to keep your existing customers, but if new ones
pay better, though only if you jettison the current ones,
well, screw the current customer. I gotta make a living. -g