Re: [ga] ICANN Blog: Auerbach wins

Joanna and all assembly members,

  Why plea bargain if you have won?  Bad idea there Joanna.

  I believe that DOC/NTIA would have something to say about
any appeal that the ICANN BoD and staff MAY have in mind
as ICANN is still under contract with DOC/NTIA...

  An immediate seizure request to the court might be a good idea
though...

  I think you are getting a little carried away with the mention
of shredding machines at this point Joanna...

Joanna Lane wrote:

> Joe Baptista
> > Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 5:26 PM
> > congrats to karl .. the question of course is .. will icann appeal?  i'd
> > put the odds at 10 to 1, that is of course if they have the right to
> > appeal under the relevent laws.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Joe Baptista
>
> The question is, "What aspect of the public interest is served by ICANN
> filing an appeal?", for above all, ICANN must act in the public interest,
> directing its limited resources for this purpose, and this purpose alone.
>
> In the face of a court order that essentially opined that ICANN's defense
> has no merits, they now have the Herculean task of justifying further legal
> expense drawn from resources donated essentially for the public benefit, for
> which purpose they exist.
>
> No doubt ICANN's accounts department has shredders in its future, so what we
> really need now is a plea bargain in exchange for immunity.
>
> Regards,
> Joanna

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827