Re: [ga] Once more into the breach....

It's about personal responsibility, Danny, not hand holding.

That could take many forms, including asking questions, especially
before jumping to conclusions and making strong statements regarding
policy as the individual in question here has been doing.

Saturday, July 27, 2002, 2:09:16 PM, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> William ,

> anyone coming to to this forum has a knowledge of the issues.  If you've been
> burned by a bad transfers situation, you surely know what the issue is, and
> clearly you have an interest in the issue... but that doesn't mean that you
> have a full understanding of relevant contracts or registrar processes.  I
> would like to think that there should be some other manner by which
> participants can be brought up to speed other than merely pointing them to
> the registrar's list, for example, and telling them to review the last three
> thousand comments spread over two years.

> We have the capability of becoming a resource center that can aggregate
> background materials and documents to rapidly facilitate the learning
> process.  This will become highly important when the policy-development
> process moves into high gear -- the 30-45 day cycle proposed by the ERC.  If
> such preparatory work is not done, then no task force or working group to be
> convened will ever be sufficiently informed to get the job done, and this
> organization will become no more than a collection of a few knowledgable
> technocrats making decisions for the rest of the world.

Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>
--
Save Internet Radio!