Re: [ga] WLS is dead (or should be): Names Council vote comments

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, George Kirikos wrote:

> I found it interesting to note the attempts by some Names Council
> members to exclude the ccTLD constituency voting on the WLS (which
> could have made it a non-consensus vote), saying that "WLS didn't
> affect them", among other arguments. I was appalled that they'd stoop

I thought the ccTLDs had not paid their DNSO membership fees for something
like 18 months and that their voting privalges were nearly revoked. I'm
not up on the details but it seems like the ccTLDs have marginalized
themselves in the DNSO NC...

-rick