Re: Tucows letter, was RE: [ga] Re: .info LR2 process ...

> ICANN ought to adhere solely to those technical matters that directly
> pertain to the ability of the Internet to reliably, accurately, and
> promptly move packets from one IP address to another and for the
> ICANN/NTIA DNS root to reliably, accurately, and promptly return answers
> DNS queries.

While convenient to our position concerning sunrises regimes etc., this
extremely narrow definition doesn't sufficiently deal with a far more
important factor - that of competition.

The problem in dealing with the issues raised by competition is that this
opens up a door sufficiently far to let other, less relevant, issues through
the door.

-rwr