RE: [ga] Re: DNSO/GNSO Board directors

On 17:08 17/07/02, Neuman, Jeff said:
>As has been pointed out several times, the elimination of one seat per SO
>does not in and of itself compromise the Geographical diversity requirement
>of Board Directors.  Any lack of diversity can always be made up by the
>proposed nominating committee, who should certainly look into diversity as
>one factor in determining who to select for the Board.

Dear Jeff,
there is a French says "deux tiens vaut mieux que trois tu l'auras". We
also had two French Directors. They should have squatted :-)
I also fail to see how the nomminating committee could correct alone the
current situation. BTW would that not be positive discrimination? Though
the it was now illegal in California?
jfc