Re: [ga] WLS & and the Transfers TF

Well, let's give him a break.

He didn't really look very much farther than his nose, but was very
quick to criticize. Now that you have given him a hint, maybe he will
review the archives of the GA list and the other on-point materials
and form his opinion accordingly.

Thanks,

Wednesday, July 10, 2002, 8:58:32 PM, Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com> wrote:

RW> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Jeffrey J. Neuman wrote:

>> To be fair, there were a number of other parties that spoke out in
>> favor of the WLS in the public forum, not necessarily because they
>> liked the service, but rather for the points that were raised by the
>> gTLD Constituency.  In fact, when the transcript for the public forum
>> is published (hopefully soon), you will see a strong statement of
>> support for allowing the WLS to be introduced from Bruce Tonkin, a
>> Names Council representative speaking on behalf of the MelbourneIT
>> registrar supporting the notion of allowing the service to go forward.
>> In addition, I understand that in the Registrar Constituency a vote
>> was taken on whether to support the report or not and the result was
>> 13 in favor of it, 10 against.

RW> Which vote was that, one in Bucharest? If the vote was in Bucharest, not
RW> all registrars voted or had the oppertunity to vote, nor were any minutes
RW> distributed to the registrars constituency concering such a WLS vote.

RW> If you want to talk about the vote in Feb the Registrars Constituency
RW> voted in opposition of the WLS.

RW> spin the numbers as you wish, everyone else does.

RW> -rick

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@inetconcepts.net         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----