Re: [ga] Official gTLD Statement on the Wait List Service

Hello,

--- DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
> posted to the Council list:
<cut>
> Service.  We believe that such issues are related to the business of
> the
> individual registry and are more appropriate for the market place to
> regulate rather than ICANN.

This might work in a competitive market, but not in a
monopolistic/oligopolistic market place. The "we" in his statement
refers to the monopolists themselves, so should be taken with a grain
of salt, especially as they should know better. Perhaps instead of
spending money on lobbyists and Washington law firms, some of these
firms might sponsor refresher courses in Economics 101 for their
employees, so that they don't present arguments that fool no one.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/