Re: [ga] FYI: VeriSign audit report posted

Verisign's response seems reasonable and I would agree with its
conclusions as to the two violations noted (the IP address
restrictions and the labeling of data tapes).

However, their response did not seem to address this point:
Our examination also disclosed that VeriSign, Inc. had not established
adequate controls that would allow us to obtain sufficient evidence to
determine compliance with requirements H.V.1, H.V.2, H.V.4 and I.2 for
the year ended December 31, 2001 because VeriSign, Inc. did not
maintain sufficient historical records of system configuration
information on a daily basis. Because of this restriction on the scope
of our examination, we do not express an opinion on compliance with

Tuesday, June 25, 2002, 2:02:08 AM, Alexander Svensson wrote:

> Report of Annual Independent Neutrality Audit
> http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/verisign/ain-audit-19jun02.htm

>>In our opinion, except for the material noncompliance and the restriction
>>on the scope of our examination described above, VeriSign, Inc. complied,
>>in all material respects, with the ICANN Requirements for the year ended
>>December 31, 2001.

> VeriSign response
> http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/verisign/verisign-ain-response-24jun02.htm

>>As to the two minor areas of concern noted by the Auditors, we cannot agree
>>with the Auditors' conclusion that these items constituted "material
>>noncompliance" with the stated requirements.

> Best regards,
> /// Alexander

Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>