[ga] Re: Reform proposal: A democratic DNSO

Re:  "This is not about democracy - it never was"

I suppose that if I wanted to protect entrenched special interests at the
expense of all others that seek to be represented in the ICANN process, I too
would be using your arguments... but the truth is that I see the very real
need to have the Public Interest accorded rights in the same measure that
Special Interests now enjoy such rights.   With the demise of the At-Large in
the ICANN structure, accountability and legitimacy demand that the Public
Interest be placed on equal footing with Special Interest (especially in the
area of domain name policy).

Ross, if its not about who you represent, but the ideas that you bring to the
table that eventually result in consensus based recommendations, then why not
just eliminate Council voting altogether?  How can you justify any voting
mechanism that includes no voting bloc for the Public Interest?