Re: [ga] "Moderating" the GA list.

Sunday, June 23, 2002, 7:19:28 AM, Don Brown wrote:

> definition. In that case, and in all cases, I think it better for the
> list members to decide the course of action.

Dan, this doesn't work in practice.  It effectively means that
inappropriate acts go unpunished, especially on a forum like this
where there are a large number of members antagonistic to even the
idea of ICANN, enough to help block any action against any disrupter.

I know you weren't here a few years back when the current GA rules
were originally put in place, so you aren't familiar with the
circumstances that led to them being put in place, but let me assure
you, it was some of the most disgusting and inappropriate behavior
I've seen on what is supposed to be a list of professionals.

And the number of people who opposed any action being taken at all was
surprising to me, as were the names of some of those people, including
the founder of ICANNWATCH.com.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>