Re: [ga] Re: Posting of Final NTEPPTF Report

J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin wrote:

><quote>
>the distributed architecture of the DNS presumes a hierarchical namespace
>for effective performance. (Relatively large numbers of domain names at the
>second level – as, for example, occurs with .com – may jeopardize
>performance regardless of how few or how many top level domains have been
>authorized.) The PSO and the IETF should be asked for their views on
>whether this conventional wisdom is substantially correct.
></quote>
>
>In plain words it means :
>- large TLDs like ".com" endanger the DNS.
>- so let not create other ".com" and ... let keep enlarging ".com" to
>better jeopardize the DNS.
>
>Happily they ask the IETF and PSO. Interesting to see their responses. I
>hope they come before ".com" becomes too large?

I´m not holding my breath waiting for an answer.
The PSO has held its GA two days ago, and this point was not in the agenda.
Anyway, I think that there are other more important effects of .com becoming
too large, and that the potential degradation of performance (on which,
incidentally, I disagree) is a secondary problem.

Regards
Roberto