Re: [ga] WLS

Thursday, June 20, 2002, 11:48:04 AM, Gomes, Chuck <cgomes@verisign.com> wrote:
JB> overloading registry resources during name drop periods.  That problem has
JB> since been solved.
GC> At extremely excessive expense to VGRS to support a business model that
GC> results in one six dollar registration for as many as 500,000 transactions.
So now you're saying that registry load is a problem, again. How many
times are you going to change this story? That was a rhetorical
question, since we already know from experience that it will change
when ever it serves you. Unfortunately, that also equates to no
credibility.

GC> Please elaborate on the consumer choice that is available today.  What
GC> specifically are the choices?  How does a consumer find the choices?  What
GC> will the consumer have to pay if he/she is successful?  How easy is it?
GC> Everyone continues to make these broad generalizations but nobody puts
GC> forward any measurable data to support them.
The current competitors in the market have been named several times on
this list.  It seems you may have a selective memory or a short
attention span.

Further, it seems to me that you would already know this information
"on your own," if you were doing your job correctly and effectively.

On the other hand, maybe you don't really want to know what companies
WLS will put out of business.  Maybe it's a conscience thing or maybe
you don't really care.

As for measurable data, it seems like the kettle calling the pot
black, i.e.  let's try it for a year and see what happens or the
WLS price is high in order to reduce the speculators.  However,
my compliments to you, VeriSign and Snap Names for the masterful
marketing spins and misinformation pollution.

WLS is anti-competition and anti-consumer. It is solely calculated to
make VeriSign and Snap Names a lot of revenue, through monopoly
control of an established, thriving, open and free market.

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@inetconcepts.net         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----