Re: [ga] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] WLS proposal

What if that idea hinged on one particular name, and no other would work
the same?

>Nobody waits for domains to expire to use them - nobody, apart
>from those people that want to make money from re-selling the domain
>at a premium.

I'm sorry but that is patently false.

>Besides, since the vast majority of domains are renewed,

OK. Now where did you get that stat from, or are you just guessing?

>you'd have a bigger chance of winning a million dollars at the state lottery
>than to wait for a domain to expire and not be renewed by its owner.

Depends what the domain name is, whether the current owner correctly
perceived it's value, and whether they can afford to renew it along with
the thousands of others they registered.

>> > 5. if the domain name holder prefers not to renew the domain, the
>domain's
>> > details are erased from the database altogether, and the domain falls
>into
>> > obscurity. Anybody could re-register it again, but they first need to
>find
>> > out
>> > if it exists, and that involves a lot of work.
>>
>> Not at all. Scripts, cron.
>
>Scripts & Cron are fine - but can you imagine how many scripts and
>cron jobs would have to be run to check for all domain names that might
>have expired?

OK. So what you really meant to say was that you really have no idea about
this and everything so far has been a guess on your part. Correct?

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?