[ga] Re: [atlarge-discuss] SPAMMING ISSUES - was WLSproposal

Gary, Todd and all,

Gary Osbourne wrote:

> At 09:25 AM 18/06/02 -0700, todd glassey wrote:
>
> >Gary - I am replying offlist since I don't think my
> >commentary to you personally is appropriate to the
> >whole list.
>
> Thank you for choosing to call me a fool in private.
> That is very considerate of you.
>
> I've been fighting spam since before the web existed,
> I do know a bit about it. I also know that you can
> set up a website and I'll go to it from another machine
> (that doesn't have my email address above but does have
> others) with Internet Explorer and Opera 3.x through 6,
> Netscape 3.x through 7, and Mozilla 1.x. I won't use
> any tricks, a plain vanilla Windoze 98 box and standard
> installed browsers, no added protection. Further, I'll
> repeat the exercise via dial-up, DSL, and cable. This
> should mimic the vast majority of browsers in use. I
> defy you to discern my email addresses from any of them.
> IOW, put up or shut up.

  Todd, I am afraid Gary has you here dead to rights...

> Why is it that the quality of content of emails sent by
> certain individuals to these various lists is in inverse
> proportion to the quantity of emails sent by these same
> individuals?

  Gary, not offense intended here, but you should ask yourself
that question every time you post...

> The quantity of crossposts used also seems
> to directly correlate by the same track. If no-one else
> has postulated such a law and corollary, allow me. :) -g

  Well, as the saying goes, be my guest...  >;)

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827