Re: [ga] [ncdnhc-discuss] Re: WLS proposal

John, I am a member of the Transfers TK, and I proposed something different
than the WLS.   Specifically, I proposed a 30 day period during which people
could register for a lottery for the expired domain, and that during this 30
day period, at any time, the original domain holder could get it back.
Anyone who wanted the expired domain could contact the original domain name
holder, and suggest they get the domain back and sell it to them.  So if any
auction develops, it will be with the original domain holder, not the
registrar.   The original domain name holder benefits the most from this
system.  They are more likely to catch mistakes, or could sell the domain to
an interested party.

The only case where there would be a speed dial type "race" would be if the
domain was really expired, and no one bother to sign up for the lottery.

   Jamie

--
------
James Love, Consumer Project on Technology