Re: [ga] Companion Dispute Proposal to WLS Service

At 12:23 PM -0400 6/6/02, Ross Wm. Rader wrote:
>> Maybe we can remedy the grave injustice done to trademark owners a bit by
>> a WLS sunrise? I think VeriSign could easily demand $500 per domain for
>> sunrise WLSes.
>
>Some sort of a vetting process would be desirable. Sunrise violates FCFS, so
>why not make it a truly even-handed and allow for a filing/objection process
>that would allow TM owners to actually sort out the details beforehand.

Verisign could load a keyword system on top of the WLS. You pay Verisign a
horrendous amount of money up front (plus rights to your firstborn) and
they give you first dibs at any WLS that has that keyword in it.

Loaded on top of that would be the BastardCorporation service. Subscribers
to that would pay Verisign $1,000,000 per day. All domain owners would then
be required to pay BastardCorporation (via Verisign) $1 for permission to
fart.

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?