Re: [ga] UDRP Task Force

Danny,
Im on that task force and I too am waiting.

Since we went to the trouble of getting ICANN involved and so many
people responded to their site..

we kinda have to wait...the last comments I heard from anyone on the
TF...were to the effect that it seemed after Lynn's little bomb...that
there were more important things to worry about at the time...
not sure I agree...but thats what they felt.

In any event, absent the questionnaire results from ICANN...we cant do
much can we?

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Todd,
>
> Thanks for your thoughts... I am hoping to get a response from one of the TF
> members (no one has even posted to the TF list in the last three weeks).  I
> get the feeling that they are asleep at the wheel without even the benefit of
> an elected Chair to guide their efforts... an election process was supposed
> to be over by May 26th, but I don't think they have even started any such
> elections.
>
> The last status report that I noted indicated that the former Chair had gone
> thorough half of the summaries she had received and hoped to have a document
> for all to review in the next one or two weeks (that was seven weeks ago).
> She was still awaiting the responses from the questionnaire posted on the
> ICANN website, and had received an email from Louis Touton indicating that he
> should be forwarding those in the not too distant future.
>
> This begs the question, is this TF still waiting for the ICANN staff to do
> its job?  I've got no answers.  Maybe someone on the TF can bring us up to
> speed...

Dan Steinberg

SYNTHESIS:Law & Technology
35, du Ravin		phone: (613) 794-5356