Re: [ga] Re: ccTLD dialogue with Joe Sims (wasRe: your comments

Dear Peter and Joe, I am truly puzzled by this lack of understanding of
what the Internet is or could/will be ..  Peter, did you think there are
thousands ways to consider a name associated with an IP, not only the
sterile one the  ccTLDs have copied from NetSol? Joe did you ever tried to
understand how the DNS works and the absolute lack of need of a root server
system if the user station are smart enough - what it could/should/will
soon be or already are. May I remind you that I do not use your root server
system for two years now!  And many we are. Not to be a pirate and go
alt.roots but for stability, security, speed and protection. What Richard
Clarke is probably going to propose for Govnet if he does his job
correctly, and why would he not do it correctly?

Also, .. Joe, reinventing the history the way you do, does not really help:
ARPANET peole inherited the .ARPA part of the name space and used - as all
the others - the roots into the other names spaces we gave to them. That
these other networks did not keep using their name space and switched to
X.121 does not  change anything to the principles you call upon. ccTLDs
were created to interconnect local networks (a TLD is a virtual network
name) with the ARPA virtual network (.arpa). The French system (Cyclades
was older and gave many features to the ARPA, including subsidies. This is
not a master slave system and hisgtory. It is a give and share one. Please
reread the RFC 883. Or listen to those who did it ...

When you link New-York to London by Great Western, canoe or Concord you do
not delegate the UK to the Queen!!

Each ccTLD is an island. And each user is an island. And this is what is
turely interesting, because it makes your job to serve them - or to lead
thelm - if you are good. Anyway this is the way itis and this is the way it
will circumvent all your effortto claim it should be otherwise :-) and why
we can support your refform: it wants to rule a world which does not exist.
So there is no real harm to that Grand-dadyKarten, except its cost.
jfc