Re: [ga] Comments on ICANN Reform Recommendations

Joanna Lane wrote:

> Karl Auerbach
> You can
> > check someone's credentials to practice law in California by going to
> > http://www.calsb.org/mm/sbmbrshp.htm )
> >

> Dear Mr. Sims,
> Reviewing the California State Bar Membership records, I notice that
> although Karl Auerbach is on record there as an active member
> http://www.calsb.org/cgi-bin/NT201C?081493, it would appear that you are
> not. http://www.calsb.org/cgi-bin/NT202C.
>
> I find this rather odd. Only ACTIVE members may practice law in California.
> ICANN is a California Corporation. You are ICANN's attorney.
>
> Therefore, for the benefit of the public, would you please explain how you
> can represent ICANN and practice in California, as you do, without active
> membership of the State Bar?

That may or may not be a good question; I don't know
enough about US rules to tell.

Theere's info on Joe on his firm's site:
http://www1.jonesday.com/attorneys/bio.asp?AttorneyID=13072

It says he's based in Washington, and has been admitted
to the bar in Arizona and DC.