Re: [ga] Comments on ICANN Reform Recommendations

Karl please correct me if I am wrong but there is an evaluation at the three
year period regarding whether the corporation did what it said when it got
its' public-benefit status re-IRS.

To my knowledge this has not been verified with any report and therefor this
is a major reason for the rats leaving the ship and the r"evolution" process.
Andrews' timing is correct in that he jumps before the tax hounds hit the
boat. How Jones and Day declared their billing will have to be reassessed. You
may be saved by your legal attack.  Certainly the DoC will have to rebid if
this status is not preserved.  IANA functions are nebulous at this point.
Anyone who "donates" money at this point with knowledge would be committing
some type of tax fraud.  I would hate to be a registry taking money from the
public on the basis to give a portion to ICANN.  Fraud again, knowing the
status will not last the year.  Enron execs are on the hot seat because they
knew, Touton will be leaping quickly if he has any brains.

The ugliest part is that the basis for ICANNs' revenue is not donation but fee
for service which no matter what they file will not clear the criteria for
public-benefit.  There are percentage requirements.  The house of cards has
been built upon five aces.
BoD resignations are soon to follow.

Perhaps good, perhaps bad, perhaps just the way it is.

Eric