Re: [ga] Motion process rules -- DRAFT 0.1

Dear Alexander,
I am afraid you missed my point. I will rephrase it with an example:

1. one motion to disband the ccTLDs got 1.5% support, not discussed.
2. one motion is proposed on iDNs only by VRSN. It is supported by 4% and
discussed.
3. during its discussion came the point on iDNs and ccTLDs.
4. the motion to disband the ccTLDs comes back because they are not needed
for iDNs
5. a motion comes to say that ccTLDs should also support iDNs
     IMHO it will get easily a 4% support even coming later.
     - because it is comparable subject: the debate will have risen the
attention
     - people are no fool and can understand what is of interest
     - many people will want to vote both
6. the motion to disband the ccTLDs gets 2% and is accepted
7. a motion of compromise is proposed and gets 2%
8. The first motion gets 55%, the second motion gets 45%, the third motion
gets 51%  and the last one 65%
     - some people will say the third was history
     - others will say that the second was disruptive and killed the second.
     - others will say that the third was not really backed as the first
and second and was a last minute no value vote.

So, I say every motion must get the same number of support.

Now the number of votes. The delay makes the number of vote reduced. To
find the support for a new vote on a similar matte... I doubt you can
easily. If you can it means that you will get the vote no matter what.

> >Also, having an initially less supported motion will lead to consider it
> is a lower grade motion, a political bias. So it would be a disservice to
> the alternate motion and would not help its introduction.
>
>I don't think this would happen. Look at people who have been elected as
>ICANN Directors: The number of endorsements they have received before the
>elections does not play much of a role.

This is point in in my favor!

One needs 10 endorsements. Last time, I got twice more than the others and
true this was forgotten (happily since I was there only to make sure Abril
i Abril was elected).

But let me know if this would have been accepted if previous Directors only
needed 5 endorsements ... and Amadeu had only got 6 seconds...

jfc

---