Re: [ga] your comments

joe--

if you please, we've been hearing the ICANN-is-an-'experiment' song
and dance for years now. when it comes down on regland or snapnames,
there's nothing 'experimental' and no one claims there is; but when
it comes to shutting down open public input processes, you can bare-
ly hear yourself think over the din of people chanting 'experiment.'

and, if you please, we've been hearing the black-and-white song and
dance for years now. the charge is liberally applied to ICANN's cri-
tics, but never to boardsquatters like hans.

and, if you please, we've been hearing the 'unprecedented' song and
dance for years now. i can only giggle at the idea of a lawyer argu-
ing that something is unprecedented becauee the logic of the law is,
itself, a constant search for (and application of) precedents. when
ICANN steps into the courtroom with karl, JDRP will *most assuredly
not* be babbling about lack of precedent or 'uniqueness.'

there's damn little recognition of the ideas in lynn's proposal for
the same reason that, say, the catholic church doesn't devote scads
of time churning out a summa on every nano-aspect of satan's wiles--
people have more positive goals. if very few people have spent much
time on lynn's outpourings, that in itself is an eloquent statement
about their value.

the 'pisanty committee'? heh.

cheers,

jsims@JonesDay.com (Wed 05/29/02 at 10:58 AM -0400):