RE: [ga] Analysis of This Week's Votes

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ga-full@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga-full@dnso.org] On Behalf
Of Richard Henderson
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2002 6:51 PM
To: ga@dnso.org
Subject: [ga] Analysis of This Week's Votes

<snip>
* * * * * * * * * * * * *

|> What is absolutely obvious is that the majority of people wanted the
more extreme action of a Re-Bid, and that this was |> the most popular
motion because 77% of Motion 2's voters ALSO wanted to go further and
have the Re-Bid too.

Flawed logic.  You can not draw this conclussion from the analysis of
the figures.  Motion 1 was the more popular option as it had more Yes
votes from those who participated.  Attempting to portray it as anything
else is misleading.

<snip>

More flawed logic.

Can't we just accept both motions reached a majority.  I totally oppose
motion 1 but it is obvious it has enough support from others.
Attempting to denegrate the support of motion 2 doesn't help promote
motion 1, it only serves to highlight the flaws in the arguments motion
1 supporters have put forward and raises even more doubts as to the
motion being appropriate.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.