Re: [ga] RESULTS: Vote on Two motions about ICANN Reform May 2002

Thursday, May 23, 2002, 3:01:05 PM, James Love wrote:

> William, thanks for your gracious message.  I can see why the ICANN BoD or
> staff doesn't like elections.   People aren't happy with the BoD or staff.
> Is this important to know?   I think so.  Jamie

Yes it is important to know.  Too bad you choose a destructive and
counterproductive method for getting that message across, rather than
a constructive and productive method.

You used the GA for your own ends, Jamie, and made it abundantly clear
you did not care one iota for any damage that your effort may cause
since it would help you get more media attention for your position.

And the GA Chair should have put a stop to it, and failed to do so.
He also completely refused to make a SINGLE public statement on the
procedural objection that was raised, despite a private statement that
was clear in showing that he concurred.  The Chair let you run
roughshod over the GA and its procedures.  He is equally to blame
along side you.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>