[ga] ICANN --- vs government?

Marilyn, as I read the ICANN reform documents (particularly the policy
making process document), and even Vint's the Internet is for Everyone
paper, which shares similar themes, ICANN isn't so much an alternative to
governments, but an aspiring government on its own.  It is of course a
government where most of us can't vote.  If you support the current
direction for the ICANN reform effort, it seems to me like support for a new
oligarchy, Internet Monarchy, new wave one party state, or whatever label
fits.    It certainly isn't "self government" for this "self," since I don't
even have the power to vote.    It really isn't an alternative to
government.  It is a particular way to run a government.

  Jamie