Re: [ga] Juliano vs. Lane

this whole thread is "going south" very quickly.

what say we "change the subject"  ?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [ga] Juliano vs. Lane

Monday, May 20, 2002, 12:32:17 PM, Joanna Lane wrote:

> Look William,
> Advocating for a special interest group is not the same thing as claiming to
> represent them. I have never once claimed to represent anybody but myself,
> and in fact, declined to sit on this Task Force as the GA Rep when invited
> by Philip Shepard because I wanted to serve the user community exclusively,
> which the GA Rep cannot do, since the GA also represents providers. The fact
> that the DNSO does not have an Individual Domain Name Registrants
> Constituency should not prevent us from arguing our case by whatever means
> possible. That's all I was doing, so cut it out.

And to do that, you need some credible basis for your positions being
representative of the community you CLAIM your views would be serving.

Did you have support from any organization that even purports to
advocate on the behalf of those you were asking to be the voice for?

The problem is that the only thing you had was your own assertion that
your views would be in support of that community.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>