RE: Membership criteria - was [ga] NC BS

A much better approach to this issue is to ensure an effective outreach
and have the numbers within the GA to negate any sort of ballot-stuffing
or other undesirable actions by a few.

Providing each person joining the GA is an individual their views are as
valid from day one as they would be after 3 months.

Of course, the above really only applies in an ideal world and the
practical facts do support the inclusion of a validating period after
initial membership application.  I would suggest a slightly shorter
period of one month however.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.