Re: [ga] NC BS

Marc Schneiders wrote:

>I agree wholeheartedly with Kent. In fact I agree even more, if that is
>possible. Could we make it 3 years? No, let's define stakeholders that are
>merely domain name holders as people who hold a domain registered prior to
>the year 1999.

This is OK for myself and others like me who registered domain names
prior to 1999 (hermesnetwork.com registration was created: 1998-06-05 ),
but what about the millions of valid registrants after 1999?  I don't
think it behooves any of us to seriously consider such a definition.  As
for Kent's suggestion of a six-month GA membership condition for voting
tatus, I don't think it's such a good idea either.  There are plenty of
reasons why someone would not want to / could not remain subscribed to
the GA in perpetuity (change of address, overwhelming sense of disgust
with ICANN and the NC, etc.). I recognized a few of the names in the
purported "New Registrations" in the GA Voting Registry, and I'm sure
others did as well.  In short, I do not think there is currently any
sort of hoi polloi capture issue in the GA Voting Registry.  If anything
there is quite probably an IPC and BC block of registered GA voters who
make up the bulk of the eligible voters on the entire list already,
which might explain many things with respect to past GA votes and their
outcomes..

Cheaters are quite often the biggest complainers _against_ cheating.

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos