Re: [ga] ICANN conflict of interest policy and spousal employment

Monday, May 13, 2002, 7:23:05 PM, t byfield wrote:

> i'd like to suggest that the GA consider a resolution advocating
> a change to ICANN's conflict-of-interest policy so that it covers
> spousal employment.

This isn't an At Large, or something like that.  This issue is also
outside the scope of the GA's mandate.

However, I do support the change you request, but the GA is not the
proper vehicle to seek such a change.  If you need assistance putting
together a letter and petition to advocate such a change, contact me
off list, I have existing software that would automate this process,
and would be happy to help advance a letter on this subject to ICANN's
Board, and host the petition site for it (free of course) which would
be likely to get a lot of support from others who are also GA members.
I can even have a section where signers can indicate if they are GA
members or not on the petition.

This is the proper way to advance issues that are outside of the scope
of the GA.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>