RE: [ga] ICANN Reform: Membership provisions

<snip>
|> We have a right to membership provisions and a right to democratic
|> representative processes.  Let the GA make its displeasure known.

I feel that on the GA as with a lot of organisations, members confuse
the aims and aspirations of the organisation with their own personal
feelings and thoughts.  Whilst as individuals, we may not agree with the
way things are done or how a parent body is operating, as members of an
organisation with a specific mandate and limited scope, we must
contribute and foster the aims of the organisation we belong to.

Our own personal likes, dislikes and objections, if outside of the
organisation scope should be dealt with in a more appropriate manner and
the organisation should not be used as a vehicle to promote individual
concerns and objections, no matter if those concerns and objections are
legitimate or not.

The GA is not the vehicle for everyone to get their points of view
across.  As individual members we may wish to see things operate
differently within and without ICANN but the GA should not be used to
get our messages across unless they are specific to the GA scope.  There
are other avenues to pursue such matters.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.