Re: [ga] Role of GA

On Mon, 6 May 2002 16:31:19 +0200, "Philip Sheppard"
<philip.sheppard@aim.be> wrote:

>Danny, if you believe the "Council ... does not fully represent the complete membership of this
>organization", then isn't the solution to make the Council representative rather than attempt to forge the GA into something it isn't?

The problem with this Philip is how does one decide the weighting of
representation at the Council?  Just adding on a small business and a
registrants constituency would help but I struggle with the notion
that all constituencies automatically have the same number of Council
seats as one could have anywhere between 4 and 15 constituencies
depending how you sub-divide some groups.

Should Council representation be tied to how much one pays to ICANN?
how many active members the constituency has? how many people a
constituency indirectly represents etc?

The one person one vote proposal has some appeal as any other division
of representation is arbitrary or worse.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com
ICQ 29964527