Re: [ga] Re: Text of the motion...

William Walsh writes: "So that makes it ok to destroy the GA..."

There is no GA within the Lynn Plan.
There is no GA within the recent draft NC recommendations.

There is also no At-Large, and no Individual's Constituency.
Re-bidding the ICANN contracts may be the only way to preserve a GA, to
establish an At-Large, and to secure representation for individuals.

William seems to think that we don't have a right to express our views
because such criticism will result in the destruction of our organization.
Any institution that silences its critics by destroying their public forums
is not worthy of being retained... if William expects that the GA will be
destroyed by ICANN just because the membership sees fit to be vocal in their
outrage, this is all the more reason that the contracts should be re-bid, and
that the NTIA should find a successor agency to replace ICANN.