Re: [ga] Motion asking for GA poll on rebid of ICANN contract

On Thu, 2 May 2002 15:54:14 -0500, "John Palmer" <jp@ADNS.NET> wrote:

>Its so sad that the people we elect to the Chair end up being ICANN
>apologists/co-conspirators or simply are the have-no-guts "Lets go
>slow" types/
>
>We dont need to go slow - we need radical reform. ICANN should be
>disbanded and DoC should reassign the responsibilties to someone
>who will honor their MoU.
>
>I call for an immediate vote on the resolution now on the table.
>
>If  this doesn't happen, I demand Tom's resignation. We need
>leadership that doesn't cower in front of the ICANN corruption.

While I fully support a poll on the proposed question I do wish to
defend Thomas who has been a very hard working and effective GA Chair.
Let's not work ourselves up into a frenzy if it takes a few days to
work out exactly how best to proceed.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com