Re: [ga] Motion asking for GA poll on rebid of ICANN contract

On 2 May 2002, at 15:54, John Palmer wrote:

> Its so sad that the people we elect to the Chair end up being ICANN
> apologists/co-conspirators or simply are the have-no-guts "Lets go
> slow" types/

While do support Jamie's call for a poll on a rebit of ICANN, I don't
see the problem with Thomas' call for due process. The
significance and impact of polls depend on the support by those
who are expected to vote. I find it only reasonable to ask the GA
whether its members actually want to vote on a motion.

Jeanette