[ga] Policy

The following was recently published by;

The TACD includes 45 European and 20 US
consumer organizations
(http://www.tacd.org/about/participants.htm).

"4.   ICANN should not be empowered to use control over
essential Internet name and numbering resources to address
broader public policy issues."

This is extremely pollyannic.  I know Karl keeps pounding on limiting
ICANNs mission.  But just hiding our heads in the sand and pretending
that controlling the names and numbering system does not effect broader
public policy does not change the reality that it really does effect in
a huge way public policy.

Denying responsibility for the effects of ones actions is socially and
morally corrupt.

I personally hold the US DoC primarily responsible.  Through total
inaction and complete incompetence they have allowed ICANN to become an
international electronic human rights terrorist organization.

The have developed policies that have created an atmosphere where
personal property rights are violated and sovereignty of nations is
ignored.

Sincerely,
Eric