Re: [ga] Auerbach vs. ICANN update

I am a lawyer, and represent no one in this case, so in that sense
my comments are merely those of a buttinski.  However, generally
speaking, in the practice of law, it is common for people against
whom some charge has been leveled to run around mending their
fences.  In the Enron case, indeed, some folks evidently headed
right for their shredders with a bunch of incriminating documents,
and are now charged with the Federal crime of obstructing justice.
I don't know what's happening at ICANN, but as a rule, what is
relevant is the state of affairs leading up to the filing of a suit, and
what happens after that, such as the termination of Karl's tenure as
Director, should have no effect on his case, although more road
blocks could possibly be tried out. The discovery process, if
enforced by the judge, should yield access to whatever Karl is
after.

(The foregoing is a general comment, and should not be interpreted
as being legal advice to anyone.)

Bill Lovell

Joanna Lane wrote:
DPEOJECBMOLLLJOFDNDPIEKLCEAA.jo-uk@rcn.com">
GA list, it sound like the ICANN staff and their law firm are stalling as
hard as they can until Karl's board membership expires. >

Question: Does Karl still have a right to access the financial records
pertaining to his period of Directorship even if that period has expired?

Joanna