Re: [ga] WLS and Transfers TF

George Kirikos writes:  << Also, how can one (i.e. myself, and others not
currently on the task force) join the TF, or provide input? >>

George,

Regarding input and participation in the TF, our bylaws state:

<<Each of such bodies shall provide appropriate means, as determined by the
NC, for input and such participation as is practicable under the
circumstances by other interested parties.>>

You would logically think that this means that all of us could join in the
efforts of whatever group is assigned to handle any particular problem.
Unfortunately, the Names Council has perverted the intent of the bylaws and
routinely denies participation to all interested parties.  We have previously
attempted (through at least three separate proposals) to have registrants
represented in the Transfers Task Force.  Marilyn Cade (BC), chair of this
TF, has seen fit to repeatedly deny such participation and representation.

At the moment, we are restricted to providing "input" via the sole GA
representative (who if he doesn't like your comments will not forward them to
the TF for consideration).  In the future we are scheduled to have the
opportunity to answer survey questions, and that is the total extent of our
allowable participation... oh, I forgot... the TF always issues a final
report that is put out for public comment (that no one on either the TF or
the Names Council ever reads or reviews these comments is immaterial... god
forbid that they would ever change a recommendation based on public input!)

So, basically the situation sucks for those that truly want to participate.
The group that controls the Council doesn't want your input... it only gets
in the way of their top-down plans.

Footnote:  To better understand what the BC in particular thinks of our
contributions, please consider this quote from their website that
characterizes such commentary:
"the unnecessary and untidy correspondence characteristic of certain e-mail
lists within the ICANN world."  -- http://www.bizconst.org/bccomms.htm