[ga] RE: [ecdiscuss] DNS independence

thanks for your response to me on this, Jefsey. I did read your response to John Klensin.  I appreciate your clarification of your intent.

Marilyn

-----Original Message-----
From: Jefsey Morfin [mailto:jefsey@wanadoo.fr]
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2002 7:48 AM
To: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA; ecdiscuss@ec-pop.org
Cc: DNSO Listadmin; Stuart Lynn; Alejandro Pisanty; Joe Sims; John
Klensin; General Assembly of ICANN
Subject: RE: [ecdiscuss] DNS independence

At 04:24 13/04/02, Cade,Marilyn S - LGA wrote:
>Jefsey, I offer one comment to your "misportrayal"  of the announcement of
>a new chair for the IAB.
>
>The IAB members and the chair step above their company affiliations and
>work for the good of the Internet community. That was true BEFORE John
>Klensin was IAB chair; WHILE he was chair, and WILL BE true with Leslie
>Daigle as chair.
>
>Companies do not chair the IAB; respected technologists and engineers of
>the Internet community do....elected by their peers.
>
>While AT&T was honored that the previous IAB chair worked for us in his
>"day job", we also understood and supported his role and independence on
>behalf of the Internet Community. And counted on it. :-)
>
>We trust that continues with Leslie's role as chair.
>
>You should reconsider your "headline". It totally misportrays the
>integrity of this fine group of Internet leaders.

Dear Marilyn,
Allways teasing each other :-) I am afraid you focussed on ATT and totally
misread what was a small tribute to ATT's style and a call to read and
judge by oneself the seemingly different ways of Verisign. Please read my
response to John.

BTW I was interested in studying who you cc'ed and who you did not.
Take care and have a great week-end.
jfc