From: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org]On Behalf Of Kent
Crispin
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 2:29 PM
To: ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] Evolution - GA

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 02:28:53PM +0000, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
[...]

>So, while we agree on the assumptions, IMHO these assumptions lead to one
of
> the two solutions:
> 1. dynamically correct the constituency structure with a mechanism to
> add/delete/modify the number of constituencies when needed (remember the
> "Paris Draft"?)
>2. get rid altogether of the constituency structure and replace it with a
GA
> type structure (Karl Auerbach's solution, identifiable to a certain extent
> with the BWG draft).

There is a third solution: create a constituency with the characteristic
that it has completely open individual membership -- any natural person,
with no restrictions to domain name registrants or anything else.  Such
a constituency has the property of providing "representational
closure", and removes, therefore, any requirement of creating more
constituencies.

Kent