Re: [ga] ICANN role in enforcing court orders in domain namedisputes

At 1:53 PM -0400 4/11/02, James Love wrote:
>In the case of the CNNews.com litigation, there was *no* UDRP proceeding.
>ICANN is telling the registrar to do something in a case where there is a
>cross border legal dispute over jurisdiction.   Is it the policy of ICANN to
>help US courts enforce cross border judgments against non-US registrars, or
>to help *any* court enforce *any* judgment againts *any* registrar?   Noting
>here that ICANN has not been asked by any court to do anything, but acted
>after a request from Time Warner.

What's in it for ICANN? They don't usually move a muscle unless there's a
"donation" involved.

Are there any links between ICANN officers/Jones Day and Time Warner?

Someone's Daddy on a board somewhere?

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?