Re: [ga] policy-making options

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 09:50:03PM -0700, William X Walsh wrote:
> Monday, Monday, April 08, 2002, 9:25:44 PM, Kent Crispin wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 02:20:57AM +0200, Alexander Svensson wrote:
> >>
> >> open working group model
> >>  - may result in too large groups
> >>  - working group (and its proposals) may be dismissed as self-selected
> >>  + little risk of excluding concerned groups or individuals
>
> > This is simply not true.  One of the most disturbing characteristics of
> > open WGs is that the obnoxious participants drive off people who might
> > otherwise participate.
>
> Workgroup C didn't have this problem, and if any subject was going to
> do that, its the new gTLD subject.

An occasional exception would not invalidate the general observation.

And in any case, many would claime that WG-C most certainly did have
that problem.  I certainly know several interested parties who didn't
participate.

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be
Technical Support Manager, ICANN            lonesome."