Re: [ga] Request for immediate action to be taken againstRegisterNamesHere .com

Sunday, Sunday, April 07, 2002, 8:51:51 PM, Joanna Lane wrote:

> <I'm asking you for specifics, what exactly has ICANN, the Registries,
> <and/or the Registrars violated in terms of their contracts and/or
> <charters/bylaws/etc as appropriate?

> For a start, ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION OF INTERNET CORPORATION FOR ASSIGNED
> NAMES AND NUMBERS, As Revised November 21, 1998, 3. This Corporation is a
> nonprofit public benefit corporation and is not organized for the private
> gain of any person.

ICANN being a public benefit corporation is really irrelevant.
Perhaps you should look into the legal meaning of public benefit
corporation.

> Added to which, Bylaws ARTICLE III: TRANSPARENCY AND PROCEDURES, Section 1.
> GENERAL. The Corporation and its subordinate entities shall operate to the
> maximum extent feasible in an open and transparent manner and consistent
> with procedures designed to ensure fairness.

None of which would require them to force registrars to operate a
public service.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>