Re: [ga] Transfers - Bankruptcy Clause

Friday, Friday, April 05, 2002, 6:42:51 PM, Joanna Lane wrote:

> William,
> Right now, I am trying to hear Registrant voices, and you're a reseller,
> sorry, but your opinion that the TF is incapable of dealing with more than
> one problem at the same time is noted. The view from here is that we have
> the opportunity to remove an area of future abuse as well as sorting out an
> existing one after the event, which can be done by a simple stroke of the
> pen to delete the clause. This wouldn't adversely affect anyone and if
> registrars want to introduce such a clause, frankly, IT CAN WAIT.

The clause has been there for how long alread, Joanna?

They don't have to wait for anything.

This task force was created for a specific purpose, which is vastly
more important than your wish to be rid of this clause.  Anything you
do now which could hold up a resolution of the real issue this TF is
dealing with, only causes further harm to registrants.

Frankly, you are the one suggesting a change, the burden to prove that
the change is broadly supported and in the best interests of the
internet community is on you.  Feel free to get to work on your best
practices format to try and do that, independent of the real and
pressing issues facing this task force right now.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>